Monday 5 March 2012

PPD End of Module Evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN LEVEL 05
Module Code OUCE255
Module Title Enterprise


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION


NAME Lisa Whitaker




1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?


The use of SWOT analysis and PEST analysis has been invaluable in understanding and analysing the Design Business. They provide a starting point to explore where I fit in and also identifying opportunities and threats.
Writing the Business Plan has been an eye opener in terms of realising I have the skills to actually set my own business up.
Just being more aware of what/who is out there at this stage can help me be more focussed on what direction my Practice can take.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


Being happy to be involved in the concept development for the logo than letting it go. The final logo reflects all our initial ideas.




3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


I felt I fitted in well with the team and I was able to play to my strengths. Charlie and Marty were keen to design so Claudia and I focussed on research and the business details.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?


The presentation went reasonably well and I think it helped there were four of us sharing the experience however this is definitely an area that needs work. If I ever do go into business I could do with a Partner who is a confident front man!




5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


• Spend equal amounts of time developing the Business Plan and the Presentation as the latter felt quite thrown together.
• Do Client / customer Market Research. We made an assumption that small – medium businesses would prefer a clear pricing structure for cutting edge design. I am not sure if having a visible pricing structure ‘cheapens’ the design.
• I would like to have engaged with Enterprise more earlier on however with given the number of deadlines we have had I don’t think I could have done




6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)


5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
1 2 3 4 5
Attendance 4
Punctuality 5
Motivation 4
Commitment 4
Quantity of work produced 4
Quality of work produced 3
Contribution to the group 5
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment