Friday 18 May 2012

Task 5 More Brand me development and Cards


After having a chat with Jane and going over the cards and logo for me I decided to re-visit this with fresh eyes.  The CV I had started to design was beginning to be too complex (above) and I was starting to fall out with the original 2 strings design.


Getting the colour right.





The Shade I originally chose looked too 'faded' and blue when printed out it was not vibrant enough.  Using the Pantone swatches I chose the shade I wanted which was DE 238-3


Jane gave me a couple of idea which was actually revisiting a route I had already gone down - looking at two intersecting bubbles and where they meet is the common ground of 'skills' that bring from my Finance career into my Design career so with this in mind I re-designed the logo as follows:




This is the first layout for the CV.  The Baskerville typeface is not readable on screen so I decided to try a different one.  I have been working with Century Gothic which has simple line and large bowls.  This worked better so I tried applying this to the logo as well.   also experimented with some other Gothic typefaces







Proposed final card:





Update
I chose four different designs for the front of the card as Moo offer up to ten design for free.  

Despite all my text being in the 'safe' area I do think some of the text come out too near the edge.



I have had the cards printed at Moo however they have a yellow print mark on every card.  When I contacted Moo they immediately refunded my money and offered to print them again free of charge!




A letterhead






No comments:

Post a Comment