Wednesday 25 May 2011

Speaking from experience - Final outcome and evaluation

The final outcome is the USB lanyard with the laminates and a copy of the MP4 saved on the USB stick.  I have also made a hotdog fold book which could be used to promote the link on Vimeo.









Evaluation


First of all I am thrilled that I have mastered After Effects so quickly. Reviewing how much I have learnt in just two weeks as really surprised me. This has really given me the impetus to improve my illustrator skills because I can see how powerful the two tools are together.


One aspect I am happy about is that I am stepping out of my own comfort zone to promote the message which feels appropriate.  


The final piece is built on the primary research from students which proves how important this is.  The research actually changed my direction from Ego to comfort zones and I think it is more appealing to students because of this.


I am also pleased that I have been able to used Indesign to do the layouts for the hotdog books.  The first time I used this was for the Indesign workshop and I am growing in confidence with this now.


Before I went to the Final Crit Mike actually had a look at my Moving Image and his face was a picture.  He almost could not believe I had done it!  after his positive response I actually did not mind about the Final Crit.  As it happened this was fairly positive and useful in terms of further actions.


Given the time I am pleased with the final result however I know I have a long way to go thinking about the actual layout of the type in the Moving image and on the laminates.  I am still working quite intuitively at the moment.








No comments:

Post a Comment