Friday 13 May 2011

Speaking from experience - progress crit

The feedback was with Jo and a small group which were Sarah P, Sophie, Franke, Kirsty F.  At this stage I only had my storyboard and the early development on After Effects ( I had only been using three days).


Initially Sarah suggested as she had not understood the 'comfort zone' message that I could maybe represent the comfort zone as a box.  Jo said she thought the circles were representative of zones and on reflection the 'think outside the box' is a different message to mine of stepping out of your comfort zone.  Jo also recommended I needed to decide whether to keep the symbolism or go literally with 'ballon with strings'.  She also said there was too much white space and suggested maybe using a background colour.  I immediately liked the suggestion of starting with the 'comfort' bars.  Also was really useful to really think about how the story would begin and end.  I think as I was just learning After Effects I had focused on the 'meat' of the story and not thought it through enough. 


Following the crit I felt more focussed and was able to direct me After Effects learning to the outcome I wanted to my Moving Image ie I looked for a special effect to reflect the 'magic' This translated itself to finding the 3d effects.  I liked the idea that the 'comfort zone' is in 2d and the design magic is in 3d.

No comments:

Post a Comment