Thursday 28 March 2013

Logistik Studio Visit



On Wednesday 27 March I had been invited to visit Marc Allott Creative Services Director at Logistik.  He also invited Senior Creatives, James Robinson and Adam Nash.

The business have some really big brand clients such as Marks and Spencer's and BT.  Marc showed me round the studio, they have everything in house design, developers, social media, digital.  They even have a green room and a sound booth.  The company was originally set up as an events management business however now its is a full interdisciplinary branding and communications agency.

It was a brilliant opportunity to talk through my portfolio and a lot of my briefs, particularly the Heinz, Circus and Unilevers ones fit with what they do. My design process also fits with how they work as they do have opportunities within their briefs to research and concept develop.  I felt quite relaxed and didn't get nervous. Marc actually asked what they could do for me and I said I was looking for any opportunities.  He said they would be happy to offer me one months unpaid placement when I graduate.  I think this would be fantastic experience for my CV. The Victoria Sandwich went down well.

Small world again - Marc actually worked with Ian Anderson at Designers Republic...but that's another story.



No comments:

Post a Comment