Wednesday 4 January 2012

Task 3 - How will I promote myself? Summary

TASK
Based on the principles that have been introduced so far in the Enterprise module and your findings in previous tasks, evaluate the most suitable marketing methodologies for your own practice and the most effective methods to reach your potential customers.
It is essential that you make references to some of the methodologies in the ‘Marketing Communication Mix’ and evaluate the ‘Place’ that will give you the greatest competitive advantage and be convenient for your clients / customers.
This is an exercise in applying that theory – it is not appropriate to write about the theory itself. Demonstrate your understanding of it by actually using it.


In responding to his task you should consider the following questions:
What do ‘they’ want to hear?
What should I say to ‘them’?
How will I communicate with ‘them’?

Evaluation

Product:
I have been using contacts of friends to speak with Graphic Designers in my area.  One potential'niche' for me could be to offer to collaborate with Freelancers, perhaps around my age, who feel they have lost contact with what is currently 'cool' and happening.  I can offer my experience gained on this fantastic degree programme and perhaps 'freshen' their practice.  The two people I have spoken to so far do not have websites and also don't blog as a way of networking. 

Price? Initially £15 per hour would fit with both my survival income and also on a calculated Charge out rate as we did in Our business development.  The rate is linked to whether I would work from home, a virtual office or a city centre office.  

Place:
I am based in Huddersfield with my family and have no desire to move so the place is pretty static.  I am well located for both Manchester and Leeds and all the creative and business networks and opportunities this offers.

Promotion
Start attending local networking events to make contact with local designers and creatives.  My husband who set up a Guitar tuition business attended a Council funded network called LOCA which proved supportive and an outlet for promotion. They provided Business workshops and he ahd a mentor to bounce ideas off. They are now focussing on north Kirklees, not my area.
Need a business card website and blog
Use networking opportunities as explored in the research to get my work seen via competitions and exhibitions.


At this stage i need to start creating an online presence beyond the Uni blog. A website to showcase my portfolio of work and also start exhibiting my work on Creative websites such as Behance and Tumblr.




No comments:

Post a Comment