Tuesday 23 April 2013

Brand Lisa Whitaker

Well after many permutations and combinations I am nearly there with my own branding, online presence and portfolio.

This is an overview:

Business Cards




Website

lisawhitaker.co.uk/


CV 

After discussing this with several of the visiting professionals and also on Studio Visist the consensus is not to do a mad creative CV(unless thats what you wish to showcase!) just showcase excellent type and layout, keep it as simple as possible.



Linked in
I have been cultivating this for a few months now and have 53 connections, mostly GD related.


Twitter
I have been on Twitter about twelve months and use mainly for professional networking.  I find it useful to keep up to date with studios I am interested in and also sometimes find out about opportunities.  There are also lots of links to current thinking and innovatation in Branding and Design



Digital Portfolio

After the portfolio surgery with Lee Goater I took his advice (And also what John was saying about not showing too much) Lee recommended just showing 'teasers' rather than the whole portfolio initially. So when I send emails to studios although I attach a link to my website the actual portfolio is a snap shot of the printed one.







Printed portfolio

Everytime I look through my portfolio with a professional/designer I grow in confidence and think of ways I can tell 'my story' so I am sure this will keep evolving with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment