Saturday 13 April 2013

Brand me

A successful brand me day.  I have been contemplating treating myself to a personalised URL and some GF Smith Colorplan cards.  Cant do one without the other!  So on investigating the Colorplan range I picked out turquoise, citrine and mandarin.  As I wanted the cards to be bright and sunny.  Velocity Print in Leeds offer really competitive prices on foiling and embossing so having priced them up I contacted them.  They had Citrine and pristine white duplex in stock so I decided to go with that.

I bought the URL and web hosting from one.com as apart from a set up fee its free for a year.  Due to time constraints I have decided to keep my Cargo account and just upgrade it for a year.  I just have not got time to start developing a website from scratch at this stage.  With the web hosting you also get a customised email address.


I tried the yellow logo on my website but it actually looks better black.

I found a link to a really inspirational Stationery site.  When i saw the tall business cards this helped me make a decision about the colour.  I love these...and started following Tall on twitter and told them how much I love their cards.



These are the new designs I have come up with.  I have chosen Frutiger as I discovered Adrian Frutiger designed the font in 1968 which is the year I was born.  Its also a clean crisp sans serif font which goes well with the logo. The yellow L which actually be blind embossed in the white card and the copy will be white foiled to the Citrine.





No comments:

Post a Comment