Wednesday 10 April 2013

Junior Designer job application with TBWA

Today I have applied for a job advertised on the IPA website at TBWA


This was the email I sent with my CV, summarised portfolio and link to my Cargo account.


From: Lisa Whitaker Date: 10 April 2013 
Subject: Junior Designer 
To: mcr-recruitment@tbwamanchester.co.uk 

 Hi 
Following your advertisement for a Junior Designer at TBWA, please find attached my CV and Portfolio. My name is Lisa Whitaker and I am currently in my third and final year at Leeds College of Art studying BA (Hons) Graphic Design. I was really excited to see your advertisement on the IPA website not least because it is so rare to find Junior positions advertised. 

Although I have embraced all elements of the course my practice has become focused on Branding with an emphasis on strong concept development. I love digging until I really understand a problem or subject. My dissertation continued to fuel my interest in Brands, through critical analysis, the title was 'Is Vans the brand's relationship with wider culture, authentic or insidious?' I also realise finding the best solution to engage an audience has to consider both print and digital media so I am constantly challenging myself to learn new skills. 

My drive to understand new technology is evidenced through the YCN commended Heinz Salad Cream brief. A quote from The Heinz Team 'This campaign is well integrated and engaging using an upbeat tone of voice, giving Heinz Salad Cream a strong personality that resonates with customers...New generation of technology used (Snaptags) keeping Heinz at the forefront of new and engaging technological trends.' 

Over the last few months I have also been developing stronger type and layout skill and as part of this was lucky enough to attend the inspiring Typo 2012 in London. 

I hope you find my unique and varied background of interest to you, as detailed in the attached CV.and a snapshot of my portfolio. Also find a link to my online portfolio, which includes two briefs which demonstrate my experience of After Effects and Final Cut Express. http://cargocollective.com/lisawhitaker 

For your information I will be available for employment from 24th June 2013, after the Course finishes. I look forward to hearing from you, 

Best regards
Lisa Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment